THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Coastline Castles : Singing & Dancing in West Wales

I was so lucky last week to be invited to Picton Castle by my friend Artist, Jayne Russell to an ...

Evening Soiree: Gallery Exhibition Launch


Picton Castle


I haven't been to Picton Castle before and took the opportunity to have a jolly good look round for Fusion Inspire locations that would make beautiful film back drops for dancers.


Jayne Russell @ Picton Castle Launching her new Exhibition



Imagine dancers in this doorway, be great if they let us come in and out of the door ...






Or on these stairs, lovely & dramatic ...





Coming round this corner dappled in sunlight ...





Contact Improvisation in this space ...





Or all lined up along this wall facing me ...





I do love old doors ... always wonder who is behind them! I reckon there's a secret garden behind this one!







How romantic slow motion dancers tumbling towards the camera in this space ...








Another intriguing doorway!





And these stairs are beautiful ...




So luckily, I spoke with one of the program organisers and have an email address to write to them and ask them if I can base a dance filming session at Picton Castle.

We talked about the possibility of bringing the final Fusion Inspire production to Picton Castle, which would be magical as the Installation would work brilliantly in the Gallery Space ..



I met an Sculptor in the Exhibition called Neil Machin from Begelly House Woodcarving Studio







I fell in love with his work. This piece moves and the fluidiy of it is beautiful. He is working on a like piece that comes out of the wall called Ribbons of Wood and so I am going to arrange to go over and see it. I have an idea in my mind for The Dance of the Ribbons and so this feels like too much of a coincidence not to go and see his work.







So lots of food for thought ...





Why not add me as a chum on facebook :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.