THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Thursday 19 April 2012

Driftwood Days




Fusion Inspire will be live performance based around an Arts installation. Within the installation there will be a driftwood Story Telling bench made from all the lovely things I find on our West Wales Coast Line. In every season, I will go out for Driftwood Days to collect things, including my thoughts ...

Some of the things I collect I will make into little lyric gifts and give them to all the people who come and share the production with me when we perform it in Jan and Feb 2013. I'm visualising that YOU will be one of those people who come to share the Fusion Inspire Performances, becasue YOU are someone who has been part of my journey with me, and we will meet as if we are old friends on the sea shore... because maybe, just maybe ... we are ;)

My first Driftwood Day was at Pembrey, Llanelli ...



Pembrey Coastal Path must be Llanelli's best kept secret! There's hardly ever anyone on the beach, even in the hottest summer it is never full of sun bathers ...



I made my way down between the dunes ...














To find myself in paradise ...




Collecting More Driftwood than one woman can carry!





And completely entranced by enormous shells
full of colour and texture ...





Over to the next dunes ...












And then I found this!




But this one really was too heavy to carry back
so I had a sit and a think for a bit ...


 And then called a man with a van! :) Thankyou so much to Jeff Beer for coming to my rescue!



It was a nightmare carying this lump between the 2 of us but somehow we made it back across the dunes over the hill and back to Car Park! Now the washed up wood is in my Garden waiting for the Story Telling so that it can drift again ...






1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.