THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Saturday 14 July 2012

Contemporary Dance Film Shoot at Bishop's Palace, St.David's Cathedral, Cultural Olympiad



As part of the Cultural Olympiad,
LegaC Contemporary Dancers with
Arts Care Gofal Celf
had a site rehearsal on the day of the Event.



They had already invited me to film them and use some of the footage for my production as a film scape, but the weather kept filming at bay.

You can read in my earlier blog telling how we ended up in Whitland Town Hall!





 But on the day of the Cultural Olympiad Launch the sunshine kissed St.David's beautifully.



Bishop's Palace came alive.

However, it was very hard for me to get any film footage that I could use for my production because ...




People were wearing plain clothes, or walking across me .. it was their reheasrsal and so I decided to stay in the background.



Even so, I haven't been through all my film footage yet ... but I'm sure I will be able to get some amazing shots on slow motion.

This piece on the stairs was absolutely stunning  on film. Everyone had gargoyle masks on.


The section where the dancers caught the wind and danced with their wings looked amazing on film .. bit harder to catch with stills though!




Look how dance fills everyone with joy!



Afterwards, back stage, I did manage to get some AWESOME film footage asking dancers to do specific things, but they were exhausted and resting for their performance, so I only filmed them if they felt able.



Arts Care Gofal Celf Dance Co-ordinator,
Laura Hackett, asked me to take a few informal shots back stage.

'Cauldrons and Furnaces'




And then LUNCH!




Or filming for Chez, ME ...
This little lad will represent our character
Dafydd as a child.

The hat and scarf travel through films with the walking stick.


 
Others did what dancers do when they are relaxing! Head Stands off course! lol!







The girls sat chatting ...

... or snoozing


It was very touching to watch some of the dancers supporting each other with extra rehearsals.


And then onto the business of making oneself blend into the stone  ...


  
The Bishop's Palace.





These are the 39 Steps ...
I need to film my character Dafydd crawling up these steps! This is where I want to bring actor,  Simon Morgan Thomas
when we have good weather. 




Oh and I must show you these Bell Ringers who were absolutely wonderful.

I'm thinking they could record a piece with me to signify the bells ringing at the bottom of Cardigan Bay as part of the opening piece: The Legend of the Lost Lowlands. I spoke to the leader and hopefully she will email me.


Meanwhile in town, the streets were absolutely packed with procession and pilgrimage.





On my way home I stopped off at the beach to watch a kite fly across the blue ...



And to sneak one of nature's trinkets into my pocket to remind me of my wonderfully creative day ...




 Thank you Arts Care Gofal Celf
LegaC Contemporary Dancers
& all the wonderful team!

What Fun!


THIS COULD BE YOU! 
If you want to join a dance class,
or you want to get involved in ANY community arts in Carmarthenshire or Pembrokeshire,
why not contact Arts Care Gofal Celf.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.