THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Saturday 4 February 2017

Gosh! It's February Already!




Well, where on earth did January go? Kicking off 2017 with a NEW CONTRACT for the  Storytelling & Health International Conference as the Creative Digital Developer  kindly funded by The Arts Council of Wales. 


I have also been busy EDITING A NEW BOOK FOR ARTS IN HEALTH as my Poet in Residence at Renal Dialysis came to an end this month, so I have been working on the Anthology due for publishing in March, as well as a report for Nursing Journals 




VOICES OF THE VALLEY PROJECT
Throughout January I have been busy in Rhondda Cynon Taff working as a Resident Digital Storyteller & Guest Songwriter with the Voices of the Valley Project touring 8 Primary Schools, training children to interview older members of their community, led by my dear friend Patricia Price, Head teacher at Penpych Primary.



INNOVATION DAYS 
IN PRIMARY EDUCATION
In addition, I was invited to join the whole of Penpych School for their LOVE IS ... Innovation Days, commissioned to write a whole school song about core values. I workshop'd with 180 children to collate their words and ideas for the song which I then recorded so that the children can learn it for their transition concert! 



YOUNG PROMOTERS
I have secured a new contract for Young Promoters re-visiting Fenton Primary School which will be lovely because I have worked with the Head Matthew Harries for some years and it is always a pleasure. Again, kindly funded by The Arts Council of Wales via the Night Out Scheme.


SOUND MEMORIES
I continue my work for Sound Memories maintaining the Digital Radio & have been in meetings on a re-design of our Award Winning Postcards from Louie, a wonderful dementia friendly book and CD created by myself in collaboration with Louise Davies.

MY OWN WORK
For some time, I have been on a deep journey of creativity and self exploration. I am finally coming to a cohesive understanding of my current work ... I have given myself a whole week dedicated just to my own work in February and in April to start formulating tangible outcomes. 2017 is for sure a time for me to step into my power as multi genre artist in my own right and get my own work out there for the world, as well as supporting others.


In between all this, I spend as much time as I can in my woods, chanting ancient Chakra cleansing Sanskrit mantra, as well as my newly written English mantra & sacred songs. I find the Earth most welcoming of such loving vibrations; likely the best listener too. 

So now I understand where January went ... 
What an incredible planet we are.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.