THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Friday 31 March 2017

Step into Your Power & Live Your Dream




I have found that once I step into my power, something quite mystical happens. All the cogs start whirring and the Universe sets wheels in motion.

I have made the monumental decision to become a full time writer. Off course, I am already a writer. I write songs, I write poems, I write stories, and then I make books, publishing them through Parlour Press, my publishing company, but all of these are for someone else.

The writing I do for myself is in the tiny little gaps between supporting everyone else to live their dream as a writer.

From today, I am living my dream and when people ask me what I 'do' I shall say 'I am a writer.' It is making me smile just thinking of it.



Once I had stepped into being a writer, I thought about where I would write. I went to look at old shops in the village, old barns up the lane, old chapels but in my price range they needed so much work that I would not be a writer, I would be a builder, painter and decorator! 




I found myself planning how I could share the space with others and make it a community writing space ... but then I realised that would be stepping back out of my power as a writer myself. 

Where on earth could I go to write? Let's face it, a writer without any of her books written just yet doesn't exactly bring in enough to cover the bills let alone the luxury of a writing space.

And so I thought I would call upon my beautiful facebook family and friends to see if anyone could help.

I posted this to my wall ... 

I am a writer. I need some quiet, beautiful space within which to write. Somewhere with a far reaching view. I don't want to stay the night, just somewhere lovely near where I live, that I can come to a couple of day-times a week with my laptop. It must be quiet, no road noise, by a river is perfect.... thank you. 

And within the hour, 6 friends had offered me space. And even though they were too far away from home for me, I was so utterly touched by the kindness of people, some were folk that I have only ever met on the internet and never in person. 

Then a friend (I won't say her name just yet incase she's embarrassed) wrote to her friend, as he has a short stay cottage literally about 5 miles from my house. They both use it but mostly at the weekends and over the bank holidays. 

And he has said he is happy for me to come to the cottage 2 or 3 days a week to write, in exchange for a contribution to the bills. 



I am absolutely thrilled and going to meet the chap that owns the cottage over the weekend.


Such kindness in my hour of need & a bit of magic dust from the Universe to help me along the way.

So, if you are longing to step into your power and live your dream, why not take a deep breath and do it, that's my advice, don't be afraid to ask for help and trust that once you have finally got to the front door of the right dream, it will open for you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.