THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Saturday 21 October 2017

A Crystal Clear Calling




It's funny, but all the things that healed me when I was small, are the very things that are healing me now. I have always been a collector of nature's gifts. Indeed, my Mother would long for a child that kept toys under her bed instead of sticks and stones.

I remember one Christmas, asking Santa for a clever little machine that turned stones into crystals. It looked amazing on the black and white TV advert, but sadly, it didn't work.




As I grew older, so I began to collect crystals. I didn't know why I collected them nor what their qualities might be, I just knew I wanted them in my pocket and different ones seemed right for different occasions.

I have to smile because yesterday, I thought, gosh my handbag is heavy and when I emptied it, I found a handful of acorns, a moss covered twig, a ball of hand dyed silk merino wool and off course, a crystal.


I decided early on, that I would like to have crystals at my Quiet Space Studio, Llandysul. 

I talked to a woman in Carmarthen who has a Crystal Stall about her having space with me and then my dear friend Debbie Larwence, who is a trained Crystal Therapist, contacted me out of the blue to ask if I had thought of having crystals at Quiet Space.

We arranged for her to come over and the plan was that she would rent space and keep her crystals at the studio but as soon as she opened the case with them in, I was 4 years old again. 

My whole heart fell into the bag with the crystals and I knew from that breath, that the they needed to be mine.


I chose some big ones which I had planned to go around my Buddha in the garden but I just can't being myself to take them from Quiet Space. They belong there with Ganesha. 


They really are very special. In particular the Shiva Lingam is just magical. 


The rose quartz is oozing with love, the moon stone is a wonderful relief for my third eye chakra. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have them in my life.


I also bought the whole display rack of crystals do that other people can try crystals in their life. 

I am making lovely little bags of 7 chakra crystals based around individual energies.

 
I have also had an idea that I am most excited about, as soon as we have a good day, I am going to take the entire collection to the beach and make a labyrinth with them. Then bathe them to the mouth of the river as it meets the sea, before it goes off to new adventures.


I have taken my HUGE gong into Quiet Space and everyday I charge the crystals and meditate an intention of love and protection.


It was a clear calling from the crystals themselves, that led me to the idea of training to become a Crystal Therapist. Debbie has been a wonderful mentor and is advising me with regard to training.


So, folks, I am fully enrolled and in the process of becoming a qualified Crystal Therapist because it feels right.

This will be a HUGE undertaking for me. Since losing my hearing the only people I have stayed overnight with are my dear friends Fiona and Patrick Winter and my family. 

I have not travelled far nor stayed anywhere alone but it feels like this is the right reason to tentatively step independently, back into my world.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.