THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Thursday 4 January 2018

100 Years of Deeds Not Words: Celebrating The Suffragettes


I have started Research for a new Collection of my Heartfelt Books entitled 'Deeds Not Words'. 



The tiny heartfelt books will contain the names of suffragettes, thanking them for their determination and strength in securing Votes for Women which feels very important in 2018, given that it is 100 years since the first voting. Then, on my website, I will write about each of the women listed in the tiny book.


I am making tiny little felt wallets for the books from the colours of the suffrage ribbons and sewing them with some 1940's stocking yarn that I found in my late Mother in Law's sewing box.

I am not sure what I will do with the finished books, it just feels important to make them and I am certain the Universe will sort out what happens to them next, though hopefully they will be ready for International Women's Day in March.

I would like to thank two friends  (who I think would prefer to remain anonymous) because it was the evening after a wonderful afternoon of chatting and laughter and sharing of ideas that I thought to create Deeds Not Words Heartfelt Books. And that's the wonderful thing about sharing and exploring with other creatives, you never what sparks might fly. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.