THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Saturday 9 September 2017

Experimenting with Hand Dyed & Hand Spun Wool




At Quiet Space Studio, I have been experimenting this week with handspun, naturally dyed wool. 

My friend Caroline Lane from Hembra Crafting kindly gave me a drop spinning lesson and left me with some examples of her hand dyed wool. 

                                      

The pictures above and below of my Circle of Friendship Bracelets are hand spun on drop spindle and then woven. The wool has been dyed with Advocado Skins. Interesting dusky colour & not the green you might expect.




I have woven the Circle of Friendship Bracelet below  with 2 pieces of wool, one is dyed by Caroline with banana fibres, the other with indigo and gors, which are little yellow flowers from the hillside in New Quay.




I have also been experimenting this week with the original 1970's Retro wool that Caroline also kindly gifted me. This Circle of Friendship Bracelet is made with retro acorn beads. 



And this Circle of Friendship Bracelet, I have woven with merino silk wool that was kindly handspun as a gift from my dear friend Susan Berry on her spinning wheel. I have started experimenting with making my own charms for my bracelets, like this little wooden love heart.



I infused all the wool with essential oils by hand whilst weaving using Neal's Yard. I love Neal's Yard because it is a UK based company that doesn't test on animals, is pure and organic. 

All the oils are 100% pure and are literally, nature in a bottle. I LOVE them. Click the photo to have a browse of all the lovely oils. 




All my Circle of Friendship Bracelets are available at Quiet Space Studio or my new Facebook Shop. Here's a link if you'd like to pop over and have a gander.




Or you can read all about my 
Quiet Space Studio here ... 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.