THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Heartfelt Stories



It's an absolute joy, making little heartfelt books to house my stories and poems. 

I have been making books for fun all my life but during my MA drama, I made them to house haiku as an exercise in stripping back stories to their core ... and my passion for teeny tiny books was re-ignited.

Then, when I was staying in France as a Sound Therapist in an Artist's Retreat, I did a little course in how to make concertina books. I made them all Summer. I fondly remember collecting the paper from the Boulangerie and making a concertina book for the baker, who had kindly baked me bespoke bread every day of my stay.

So, this evening I started experimenting with concertina books but this time using handmade paper and hemp.





I can't wait to put my stories inside these lovely books ... 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.