THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Friday 23 February 2018

Celebrating 40 Years of Songwriting Day 2


Flirting with Cliche from Snow Tracks :- Welsh Icons Album of the Year

This is the 2nd day of my Celebration- 40 Years of Songwriting. Today, I am sharing with you a track from my Snow Tracks Album released in 2011. 

It was Editor's Choice Album of the Year with Welsh Icons and launched at The National Botanic Garden of Wales.

Up to this point, I had been making Digital Stories to go with songs but Jeff had bought me a little video camera. I downloaded movie maker and had a go at making a moving film. 

My little sister was staying over with me and so she became the dancer in the piece, my kitchen the backdrop. 

It feels quite apt that my little sister and I should make this, my first film, together, being that she has sat on the end of my bed since she was a little one, listening to my songs. 

When I was a grumpy teenager humming and strumming in the bedroom, she would sit outside my door until I let her in. And ever since, every time I write a song or a story or a poem, I call her up and she listens on the telephone. She is my first critique. Comments range from complete silence, to not sure about that one to yep, that's the one ... 

If you would like to purchase the Snow Track Album it is now available at BANDCAMP as a download for £5.00. Here's the link ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.