THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Wednesday 28 February 2018

Two Mothers: 40 Years of Songwriting





This is quite an early song of mine written in my twenties for two girlfriends who fell in love and found a way to have a beautiful baby boy. Off course, he is all grown up now. 

The track is on my Beautiful Bearded Lady Album. I think this was my first solo album on CD format.

It's very beautiful to look back over my 40 years of Songwriting. When I started, we didn't have the technology we have today. No computers at all and lucky to have a cassette player. I think I will go in the loft and see if I can dig out one of my first cassette releases. There were 2 cassettes with a band called Clouds Over Egypt - I married the guitarist and we are still together ... and then my first solo cassette was called Unplugged and Personal ... I seem to remember there being a song on there that I really liked, called Paper Handkerchiefs - about an amazing tree in Brecon ... yes, I'll have a look for it. Off course, if someone out there has a copy of it and could send it to me digitally, that would be fab. 

I've put my favourite songs on Bandcamp ... here's the link ... 


And here's a link to my website ... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.