THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Planting Heartfelt Stories at Skanda Vale Hospice




I had such a beautiful afternoon telling stories to those who are at the end of their life and have come for peaceful and loving nurture from the wonderful team of staff and volunteers at Skanda Vale Hospice. It was such a joy to share the healing tales from my new book, Soul Seeds: Planting Heartfelt Stories. 


We visualised bunches of wild flowers with essential oils, felt the tactile nature of tree rings, drifted to sea and imagined conversations with our cousins, the trees, finishing our stories with hand printing and connecting with the tree that speaks most to our soul.



 'I've told more stories than you have.' One woman said from her bed. I smiled a smile right from my core, for this is the heart of my work. To empower others through life story.


'Your stories are about trees but you know, really they are about life. That's exactly how I feel.' My job here is done.

I know many of you have said kind things about my work with people who are at the end of their life, but truly, we are all either living or dying from the moment we arrive.It is wonderful to bring joy to the living & quietly celebrate life.

I hope each day brings you moments of immense joy & that you are able to weave these silken threads into a cloak that keeps your heart smiling.

Cheryl Beer

Inspirational Writer

If you would like to volunteer at Skanda Vale or find out more about their wonderful work, follow THIS LINK.

If you would like me to tell stories at your bedsides, then feel free to get in touch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.