THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Saturday 28 July 2018

Creating a FILM CHANNEL


These past (and coming) weeks, I am completely re-vamping my online presence to match up with my lovely new career as a full time writer & publisher. It's not as easy as it might sound. There are sorts of fiddly measurements for different formats and then photographs are too small, or too big ... and even if you follow the pixel guidelines, it still doesn't seem to look the way you had hoped when you uploaded the pics ... but hey ho, t'is all a learning experience and I like a challenge.

So, today I decided to start having a look at my youtube channel ... well, to be honest, it wasn't really a channel, more a place where I have randomly shared little films that I have made with different projects, collaborations and doodles. I've never really paid it any attention as a whole, but today when I looked, it has had more than 120,000 views! Strewth! At the very least, I should have been directing people back to my website or here, to my blog.

So, today I have learnt how to  make playlists and sections. I even managed to design a new logo & upload it to my channel, though it took many attempts because it has to also look right on tablets and phones ... anyway, I am quite pleased with the logo, I think it says humble, loving, quiet, creative, all my core heart words ... even though I have written my name in gold! This is a nod to Kintsukuroi, which I have spoken about before. In Japan, when a valued pot is broken, it is mended with gold, having become more beautiful and treasured for surviving and I think that's very much me. This lovely new career concentrating, on my own writing and publishing, is only happening because of my hearing loss, tinnitus and hyperacusis means. I can no longer earn a living as a musician, and from this desolation, is growing something so very beautiful.


Now that I am getting a grip of developing my new Youtube Channel, I need to do the same with my blogger ... so new art work arriving soon, friends, just as soon as I work out the best way of doing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.