THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Sunday 20 September 2015

Barefoot and Bra-less

So, here I am bare foot and bra-less, walking along the verge like a trapeze artist when I feel a crunch under my feet.

ACORNS!


BEAUTIFUL ACORNS

I looked up for the oak tree. Oh my word, 100's of beautiful  acorns. Thank you wonderful tree for generously dropping these at my bare feet.

Now then, when I was a wee one, I played down at a big oak tree all day and all night until my Mum called me in. Under my bed I would hide all manner of nature's gifts. I haven't sat on the floor with a pile of acorns since I was five years old but I decided to just that. I couldn't resist choosing some to put in my bag to take back to the gite with me. Aren't they absolutely gorgeous.


I am definitely going to go back down the oak tree with my singing bowls and play a mantra to the tree and 'be' free with the acorns.

Yes, I am aware there will be many that think I am completely away with the fairies, sat cross legged on the side of the road with acorns in a pile under the old oak tree, but no one will see me because no one is there and even if they are, why shouldn't I have this simple joy, this moment to treasure, this joy and love in my heart for the gifts that Mother Earth gives us.

I can't wait to go back. I look longingly at the little gathering of acorns in the glass dish at my gite knowing my tree is as excited as I am that soon I will be coming back to chant under her branches.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.