THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Ceremony for a Roundhouse



What a dream, to have a round house. There is something so deeply spiritual about the idea of a house with curves, built in the ancient and traditional ways, with local stone and wood. 





So, when friends of mine, Jenni and Ali who own West Wales Sound Healing Centre, put out a call to ask folk if they would like to sponsor one of the wooden poles for their vision of a roundhouse, I jumped at the chance. First, to help them as they are such loving and giving people but secondly, to know that I am a tiny part in making a roundhouse happen, lifts my heart.


When it was completed, all the sponsors were invited to a Roundhouse Ceremony where we named our wooden pole and chose a sign that would be engraved upon it. I couldn't think of anything that I wanted to put on my pole and wondered if it might be profound to leave it empty but then it dawned on me that nothing and everything are one of the same continuum and so I decided to make my symbol the OM, representing everything, the divine reality, the whole universe.

To be inside this structure is to sit in the centre of a  prayer. It is utterly divine. What struck me most of all about  the roundhouse, apart from how beautiful it is, is the smell, the combination of the wood and the earth, it smelt so healing, almost intoxicating. The roundhouse felt much bigger on the inside than it looked from outside, a spiritual tardis. One by one, we all stated our loving intentions and assigned our symbols to the poles, which will be engraved at a later date.



Then Judith played flute as we made our way slowly back to the daylight, now totally aware of our every footstep upon the earth. 





Once everyone had gone up to the main house for cake and tea, I slipped back to the roundhouse to capture a little film footage to show you ... 

The track playing with the film is a mantra I have written called SomakAnta for the Moon Goddesses. I am chanting and the handpan is being played by the lovely Shey Edlington. You can hear the full track on The Mantra Experiments Album HERE 




You can find out more about the West Wales Sound Healing Centre HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.