THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Fallen on Deaf Ears



You know me, I always have a few projects on the go and one of the back burners that has been coming along nicely is my campaign to keep my song history alive, even though I am now deaf and can't perform due to tinnitus and hyperacusis. 

I put out a call on facebook and started a Group Page called PLEASE HELP ME KEEP MY MUSIC LIVE and had a wonderful response from musicians.

And then the lovely Michael Kennedy from Welsh Connections and Radio Tircoed contacted me and offered to organise an album of my tracks performed by other people as a fundraiser for my project Sound Memories Dementia Friendly Radio Station ... he spoke with Death Monkey Records in Swansea and they are releasing the album. How amazing is that. Michael is organising it all so get in touch with him if you're interested. They are organising a live night with recording from the desk for those who do not have the ability to record themselves.

Already we have had  the most wonderful track from Karl Schramm a musician in Germany who has been in his studio recording a version of my song flirting with Cliche. He's going to manage the press releases in Germany. Here's a little video with the original song from my Snow Tracks album which I made with my little sister in my kitchen when I first wrote it in 2011 ... 



I can't wait to play you Karl's version. I think I like it even better than my own! LOL. It's so wonderful to hear other people's interpretation of my work.

The working title for the album is 'Fallen on Deaf Ears' and we're going to use a black and white picture for the cover taken by Rowenna Russell of me preforming on the main stage at Women in Tune Festival. It is likely my favourite live shot.


Roweena also took the shot at the top of the page at the same festival. She really is a gifted photographer, I love watching her journey through pictures.

It feels very special indeed that my songs are still going to be out there doing their thing even though I can't be.

Always with love and an open heart, dear ones.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.