THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Tuesday 11 April 2017

When life throws you lemons ...



The other day, I was telling someone about how debilitating my hearing loss, tinnitus and hyperacusis had been in the first 6 months of coming to terms with it. They shrugged and said with a smile, 'Oh well, when life you throws you lemons, make lemonade' 

I have found it a little frustrating, though well meaning, how some people's response to my adversity has been to look immediately on the bright side. It has been a real insight into how positivity can feel a bit empty without empathy.



Having caught life's lemons firmly in my grip, I have reflected upon them and put them in the blender whilst compiling a mental list of  whatever inspires my heart to sing. 

Anyone for lemonade out here in my writing shed where the sun is shining and sweet incense burns wax and wane with scented candle flame? Where I pootle with my pen in the hope of changing the world by the simple act of writing a book in a garden shed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.