THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Monday 14 January 2013

PHYSICAL ACCESS CONSIDERATIONS

If you have support needs with regard to physical access and/or a physical disability the best performance to come to will most likely be The National Botanic Garden of Wales on 26th January because although it is a large venue, they have a regular buggy service.
 
You can hire a disability bike in advance which is designed to access all areas and costs £3.00 per day.
 
The Garden have an excellent reputation for physical access and this one of the reasons I chose them as the Launch Venue for The Dragon Tree.
 
All the doorways are wide, have ramps etc. It has been designed with such considerations in mind.
 
St.David's Cathedral is a little more difficult to access but I am sure that if you telephoned the Cathedral you would be able to drive down to the front door. From that point access is very good.
 
The Cwrt House has not got great access, but I chose it because it is very dear to me indeed, having run so many residentials there. However, you can see the exhibition through the very big bay window on The Square.
 
Oriel Y Parc has excellent access. Parking is across the road from the building but again, I am certain that if you phone in advnace you can drive upto the door. It is all flat and has ramps, wide doors, accessible toilets etc.
 
In addition, I can reserve seats for you close to the front, if this is helpful for your needs.
 
People have asked me if I have needed to make these access considerations as a grant stipulation?
 
I have made  these access considerations becasue I want anyone who would like to come to The Dragon Tree, to be able to, and to get as much from it as possible. I have a disability so maybe that makes me more aware of how small considerations can make big differences.
 
Be at one with peace and The Dragon Tree
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.