THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Wednesday 16 August 2017

Pwerdi Powerhouse Summer Open Exhibition

                                           
                                                                          Exhibition Curator & Organiser Suzanne Hughes Owen

The Pwerdi / Powerhouse Open Summer Exhibition is now OPEN! And what a fabulous collection it is, curated by my friend Suzanne Hughes Owen and her lovely husband John who have worked tirelessly to bring together 50 artists  and over 100 pieces of work into one space. And what a beautiful space it is.

This is a piece of Suzanne's Work

That's why I am so humbled to be part of it. When Suzanne asked me if I would like to include my Circle of Friendship Bracelets in the exhibition well, I said no at first, because I felt that my work wasn't really good enough to be in an exhibition. But she smiled and put her arm around me and I thought, Oh go on then, why not.


And it gave me a tremendous lift to see my work in amongst everyone else's. 


What really draws me to artists is their story ... this painting is by Alan Bonmey who has passed away. His wife, in her 90's, has placed her husband's work in the Open Exhibition. 


Isn't that just lovely. Even though he is no longer with us, we are still celebrating him as an artist. 

Every open exhibition I have been to is filled with stories of young, up and coming artists ... and that is fantastic for them, but Alan's story moves me. 

How many Open Exhibitions in the heart of the community, pay tribute to the work of those who have died, alongside those who still live. It truly is an open exhibition. 

There is a magic at Pwerdi / Powerhouse. You can stand out on the little balcony and be part of the river.


Or have a cuppa whilst perusing your favourite pieces of art.

Here's mine ... I was completely taken with the work of Sally Rogers ..



There is just something about her work that made me keep going back to look again and again.


Aren't her figures captivating ... and this hare is just sublime ..


And off course, I was drawn to these beautifully woven baskets by Justine Burgess ...


I love how Chris Chalk has captured the light into his piece 'Want to be my friend?'



Then there is this wonderful paper mache figure by Juanita Humphries ... 



And this striking painting by Nathalie Chapman ...


I could go on and on ... but I think the best thing is for you to try and get down to the exhibition yourselves ... For sure, you'll have a lovely welcome and a inspiring time.






1 comment:

  1. Thank you my dear darling friend xx Kind and caring words. xx Lets all enjoy our beautiful life and share with lovely , caring people. xx That is what life is all about so lets enjoy xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.