THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Monday 28 August 2017

Forgotten Corners : National Wool Museum of Wales





When I visit museums, it gives me great joy to see what we expect to see. At the National Wool Museum of Wales, we would expect to see a plethora of fabulous blankets and off course a water wheel.




But what really makes my heart sing in a museum, is a glimpse of how life was; the simple beauty in the seemingly ordinary. The nooks and crannies that have stayed untouched.


There is a romance in the way that the sun dances with yarn on the fading window sills ...



A humanness about the wooden joints so carefully crafted into benches ...



A joy in rows of spun wool ...



A thrill in the knots of old wood ...


against woollen remnants ...


a magic that today's perfection driven culture tidies up or clears away. A reminder, a truth, an authenticity that touches me.



Because it evokes the past ...




inviting me tell part of the story for myself. 



And that's what I loved the most about my visit to the museum, the stories that were intimated in the forgotten corners.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.