THE CONDUIT COMPOSER

Saturday 8 July 2017

Storyteller Jess Wilson at Quiet Space Studio



Jess Wilson and I met as part of the same team working for the Storytelling for Health International Conference earlier this year and we just sort of clicked from the get go. So, you  can imagine how excited I was that she  drove all the way from Pontypool to Llandysul to welcome me to my new Quiet Space Studio.

Jess will be the featured Storyteller for July in my Poet's Corner at Quiet Space. I have recorded her telling me a beautiful Selki story and will edit it tomorrow.




But before telling the Selkie story, she had brought with her a very special story just for me, one that she had fallen in love with as a child. I won't say too much about it here because I was so utterly moved by her telling, that we have decided to do a Story and Sansula collaboration with the piece, next time she visits. 

I used to accompany storytellers, poets and other musicians all the time before I lost my hearing but it is difficult to jam along when you can not hear properly. With my hearing aid and sat opposite Jess, I could hear her clear as day, so I am hoping that I can play along. We will record it and see what happens. Truth is, however it sounds, it will be beautiful indeed to collaborate with Jess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.